Stage 2 Restrictions
October 22, 2020
Stage II Restrictions
Target: Achieve an additional 10% (20% total) reduction in total water use and daily water demand based on historical average for previous 60 days daily pumpage.
Wimberley WSC Best Management Practices:
The Corporation will eliminate flushing operations except to meet public health requirements. The Corporation will notify customers of water use restrictions in effect.
Customer Water Use Restrictions for Demand Reduction:
- Alternate day, time of day or duration restrictions for irrigation with hose-end sprinklers or automatic irrigation systems of gardens and landscaped areas. (Example: Customers with street addresses ending in an even number may water outside areas on Sundays between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Customers with odd number street addresses may water outside areas on Saturdays between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM.) However, irrigation of landscaped areas is permitted on designated days by means of a hand-held hose, a faucet filled bucket or watering can of five (5) gallons or less or drip irrigation system. (Example: Customers with street addresses ending in an even number may water outside areas on Sundays and Thursdays between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Customers with odd number street addresses may water outside areas on Saturdays and Wednesdays between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM.)
- Use of water for pressure washing is permitted.
- Use of water to wash any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer, airplane or other vehicle is prohibited except on designated water days between the hours of 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM and between the hours of 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM. Such washing when allowed shall be done with a hand-held hose equipped with a positive shutoff nozzle for quick rinses. Vehicle washing may be done at any time on the immediate premises of a commercial car wash or commercial service station. Further, such washing may be exempted from these regulations if the health, safety and welfare of the public are contingent upon frequent vehicle cleansing, such as garbage trucks and vehicles used to transport food and perishables.
- Use of water to add to any indoor or outdoor swimming pools, wading pools, or Jacuzzi-type pools is permitted on your designated days and times. 50% of Swimming Pool water surface must be covered when pool is not in use to minimize evaporation.
- Wimberley Water Supply Corporation restricts the use of water from hydrants to firefighting, related activities or other activities necessary to maintain public health, safety and welfare.